UNDERSTANDING THE BASICS
Objective Surgical is a specialty program, offering bundled surgery services that focus on WC surgical cases. We have processes in place designed to address the most common pain points associated with WC cases: overall cost, pricing predictability for reserves estimating and proper care & attention to get employees back to work.
- A worker gets injured and needs medical attention.
- A diagnostic is performed.
- If there is an objective finding, the referral is sent to Objective Surgical to see a specialist.
- With conservative care, a treatment plan is put in place.
- With surgical care, a global quote is issued for the entire episode of care. The adjuster signs off and agrees to pay the global invoice within 10 days of receipt, not to exceed 30 days.
- Upon quote approval, the adjuster/NCM determines the level of assistance they need from our care coordination team and a plan is put in place. (The Care Coordinators can handle all aspects involved with the coordination of care through MMI, keeping the adjuster/NCM in the loop the entire time.)
- Upon completion of the surgery, Objective Surgical verifies all CPT codes and sends a global bill 2 weeks post-op.
- A PPI rating is provided by the surgeon upon MMI.
- We understand the role of NCMs and we do not serve as a substitute for your medical expertise.
- We offer you administrative support by tracking down paperwork and handling all billing components. We push all documentation to you. Upon your request, we can also schedule appointments and communicate with the patients. You are kept in the loop every step of the way. Our support allows you to focus on the patient.
We are very selective in the provider groups we choose to partner with, focusing on outcomes. We understand that WC offers many challenges. As a result, we choose to work with physicians who specialize in WC. We go above and beyond basic credentialing. We engage peers and others in the industry for feedback regarding outcomes, bedside manner, timely work status and clinic notes, office staff, etc. We listen to our clients and are always open to feedback and suggestions.
We love referrals! If your surgeons are not currently in our network, we can reach out and start the vetting process.
THE GLOBAL BUNDLE AND PRICING
- Initial evaluation, causation is addressed
- Surgeon/Asst Surgeon
- All post-op care including Physical Therapy
- PPI rating
THE REFERRAL PROCESS
- The referral process is easy. You can submit a referral in the following ways.
- Email – email@example.com
- 800# – 800-639-5191
- Fax – 855-809-9989
You can refer a diagnostic through Objective Diagnostics. The study is scheduled within 4 hours of receiving the referral and results are sent within 24 hours of the study.
If the diagnostic has already been scheduled elsewhere and there is an objective finding, send us the surgical referral and we will facilitate scheduling with one of our in-network surgeons.
With our program’s proactive approach, it is more efficient for us to be involved prior to the patient seeing a specialist. In some situations, we can make exceptions.